04/05/2013

Say Hi!


Lately, I can't help but notice that I've been more or less losing my drive to write. I don't mean in the sense that It's not something I enjoy doing, or something that I don't want to do. Instead, I mean that my usual outlets just don't to be hitting the spot anymore. I want to move on, maybe have people see that stuff that I am willing to put to digital paper. So, here we are, a blog. A web journal with a big old sign on it screaming, read me, read me! Which to be honest, I never thought I would really be willing to do. My thoughts are usually a private matter, as well is my writing. I want to be a journalist though, so I have to start somewhere, right?

And of course a big part of being a journalist is actually writing. With my interest in said avenues of writing dwindling, I find that my output has gone with it. So I really need to start tackling some subjects that I have an interest in actually talking about. This will hopefully get me writing, and get me used to doing it as frequently as I used to. Help me find that proverbial spark that has gone missing in the current stretch of my life.

As far as the journal thing goes, I doubt I will actually use this for that. While I am usually fairly content with my life, I'll admit the day to day is lacking in a certain element. Talking about it for paragraphs at a time wouldn't really generate any real interest. And I would prefer people not pretend that such a topic was interesting either. Instead, I'll use this little slice of data to practice and hone my craft to a degree. That means I'll be posting my thoughts on games, movies, music and other such things. With just a little bit of off topic ranting thrown in here and there. It's my blog, I'll do as I please!

Normally, this is where someone would ramble a little bit about themselves, in hopes of introducing themselves to any prospective readers. I'm going to save on that, as I imagine most of the people willing to read this already know me about as well as I'd allow a reader to. And this is really just intended as a sort of opener for the blog. You know the content, you know me, and hopefully my currently open schedule will allow me to post stuff on here, and help get me kicked back in to gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment